Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 02:29:49 -700
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: IBM PS\1 & N-T 1.11.2X

Nice to here from you, Jeff and Heimo!

Yes, I've thought about adding a faster modem to it and some other kind
of storage -- but heck -- I already have that with a few of my other
computers.  For now, I decided just to enjoy this one as "close to
original" as possible.  Actually, believe it or not, IBM still has a
fairly complete line of hardware, parts and upgrade materials for sale
for this machine (kind of expensive, though).  Should I decided to add
anything, I'll probably give them a call.  The COM UART is 16450, so
if I add a modem, it would (I think) have to be in the 14.4 kbps class.

What I *did* do was utilize the InterLnk program with it and make it a
server operated through a modern Toshiba Satellite client (which
works just fine) with a parallel cable connection.  I mainly need this
for using F-PROT to check the PS/1 for viruses (F-PROT no longer runs
on anything less than a 386) by running the program from the Toshiba's
end.  By connecting the Toshiba to the PS/1, I should have enough of
the more powerful application needs satisfied for what is lacking in
the PS/1.

By the way, instead of Net-Tamer's "old RED" editor, someone gave me a
copy of "Editor.exe" (which closely emulates the WordStar editing
conventions (my recent favorite editor, but at only 35k) that works
just fine for my e-mail needs with this machine and Net-Tamer V1.11.2X.
Editor.exe is an old Digital Research editor.

C:\>_______j_e_r_r_y__j__h_a_u_m_b_e_r_g_e_r_______  **another*happy**
#:/>_an_advocate_of_sensible_CLI_operating_systems_  **WordStar*user**

-*- Why are we in such a hurry?  Let's make haste slowly!

Net-Tamer V 1.11.2X - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to