Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 22:18:15 -0600
From: "Mike Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: need a good decoder program
Sounds like you could use uudeview it does an excellent job of
decoding multiple encoded files from your .dlu file. The only small
complaint I have is when the original files have long file names
where the first eight characters are the same for more than one file,
it will only save the last file in auto mode. In manual you can
rename the files to unique file names. Yes it runs in DOS and there
is also a Linux version.It is freeware.
http://www.uni-frankfurt.de/~fp/uudeview/
On 20 Feb 00, at 15:59, Nettamer List wrote:
> Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 14:11:56 +0500
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: need a good decoder program
>
>
> First, Thanks to everybody who responded last week about the use of the
> address file. I looked in nettamer.doc and couldn't find that
> information. Maybe I just missed it. I'll look again.
> Now, here's another one. I'm looking for a program which will look
> at
> a .dlu file, such as one of the alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.*.* groups. These
> can be into the tens of megs and more if you add to it for a couple of
> days.
> What I'd like for the program to do is: 1. Decode the files, even when
> the parts are not in order. 2. Tell me which files are missing parts,
> and 3. Do this for .uue or base 64 files. I'd like to just start the
> program to work on the entire .dlu file and come back and find all the
> files decoded and ready for me to play, along with the list of those that
> had missing parts. (Don't want much, Do I?) Is there even such a program
> in existence, and will it run in Dos? Any help will be appreciated.
> Thanks!--Patrick
>
> Who the hell is General Failure, and why is he reading my harddrive!?"
>
> Net-Tamer V 1.12 Beta - Registered
>
>
>
> ********************************************************
> To unsubscribe from this list,
> send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
> Unsubscribe
> as the subject.
> You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
> ********************************************************
>
>
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************