Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 22:54:36 -0400
From: "JJ Shoop" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Need Help... Gateway 2000  #GPCI05

I recentlly found a deal on a new motherboard .. a 486  made by Gateway. I
hooked all the cables to it and installed memory and and a 100 mhz chip.
everything worked fine out of the case. I installed the board in the case
using  the nylon type standoffs. I boot and I get a keyboard faillure error
message.. so I try  again, making sure everything is fitting snuggly ( same
message, but now it says the chipsets are in default mode... last boot
failed.) So now, I try other keyboards known to be working. It won't boot at
all.. just a couple of beeps and nothing comes up on the screen, so I unplug
the keyboard ltogether and re-boot.. I get the same  old messages or get the
keyboard fail message and invalid configuration.. press F1 to continue  or
F2 for setup.. which is impossible to do because of the keyboard failure!
SO ..... anyone know what to do in this situation???  The mouse and keyboard
prts are PS/2, by the way.... and this is the only problem I am having.



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to