Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 22:22:28 +0500
From: "Mark at Cross+Road's" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: New version of DialPC available (Forward From [EMAIL PROTECTED])
**Hello All,
I stumbled across this email that I was saving and wanted to pass it
along. In the recent past there were some who were wanting the packet
driver I believe it was in a seperate offering from Uncle Dave. Some
mentioned even paying extra for it and I cannot recall what happened to that
idea. However perhaps this information below is something near to what
others were wanting and if so let me know or if not then just strike your
"d" key after reading. I haven't any expierence with this product but if it
is something that allows for greater access to the net I would be interested
in hearing back about what and how this little program could help all of us!
Hope it's what you were searching for.
Take care,
Mark
> On 2000-06-03 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> >I have created a new version (1.80) of DialPC. It is available at
> >http://sites.netscape.net/wbaldwin/DialPC18.zip. It has several
> >enhancements, including:
> >1) It now handles Abort strings better
> >2) Can now convert multiple Control codes in 'Send' and 'WaitFor'
> >strings, and
> >3) Works better in a DOS Window under Windows 98.
> >I wrote DialPC several years ago as a replacement for the Chat
> >dialer that is included in the DOSPPPD distribution, because I
> >needed some capabilities that I couldn't get reliably from Chat,
> >including:
> >1) The ability to respond to any one of several possible strings
> >from my ISP, at any given time,
> >2) Better or more reliable ways to cancel the dialing process,
> >3) More reliable and comprehensive Errorlevels returned to my batch
> >program.
> >4) The ability to redial at specific intervals.
> >5) The ability to notify me audibly when the script is finished.
> >6) The ability to jump to specific labels in the script.
> >7) Better compatibility with my Tandy XT clone, especially the
> >keyboard scan codes.
> >--
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED][EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >http://sites.netscape.net/wbaldwin {:^>)
> >To unsubscribe from DOS-DISCUSS send a message to LISTSERV@SOFTCON.
> >COM with unsubscribe DOS-DISCUSS in the body of the message.
> >Also, trim this footer from any quoted replies.
> >More info can be found at;
> >http://www.softcon.com/archives/DOS-DISCUSS.html
Well, it's a modem software tool. You can create a script, that DialPC will
run, that will
1) Open your comm port,
2) send strings to your modem, for instance, to Dial your Internet Service
Provider.
3) Then, it leaves DTR high, and ends, so that a
4) so a packet driver, like DOSPPPD can run, and connect you to the
Internet.
5) Once DOSPPPD is running, you can run DOSLynx, or email, or whatever.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED][EMAIL PROTECTED]
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************