Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 04:57:44 -0800
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: David Colston illness & him actually working on Nettamer...
MIME version: 1.0
Content-Type: message/rfc822
Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit
boundary="--tcpsmtp010180200104032037"
--tcpsmtp010180200104032037
Heimo:
When I received the answer below from David Colston I decided to post it
directly to both the Nettamer & SURVPC mailing lists. I am very tired
of "Uncle Dave's" tricks of only answering questions addressed to the
Nettamer mailing list & him by sending an individual email = playing
a mental game of "secrets". Especially when the information is of vital
importance to every user of Nettamer.
I have email's from Walter Scott which go back to Spring 1998 regarding
Uncle Dave's inability to fix the bugs in his code and his personality
problems when it comes to having the bugs noted by a user. I have email
from a person who helped me re-write the manual for Nettamer in Spring
of 1998. Thomas B. did all that work on collecting bugs and never got a
straight answer from David - even though Tom wrote non-competitive products
based on Nettamer to assist the users. Then you and others have written
various applications to replace some of the buggy modules in Uncle Dave's
versions of Nettamer. I had a personal meeting with Bob Buckland who built
a database of the Nettamer bugs and sent it to David Colston. Only to have
Chris Colston say "Uncle Dave" was too busy adding new features to use the
information...
I think David is in the same situation as Chris <technopup> is in: their
mental problems, due to their various illnesses, are going to keep them in
the mode of promising to work on their code and actually not doing any
productive work in a timely manner.
I recommend you focus your efforts on working with the other developer of the
PPP dialer which Bernie mentioned on the SURVPC list.
I have sent a copy of Uncle Dave's email to a person who tried to get David
Colston to develop a product when version 1.08 was in Beta {November, 1996}.
(Story behind that one is: David kept promising this guy to do the work and
then telling the guy to call me because I was David's marketing person. Well
I had no written agreement with Uncle Dave and I was "busting Uncle Dave's
chops" to get him to port to the PoqetPC DOS-based computer I had sent him
in Summer 1997 - three computers with modems & factory developer's docs.
Uncle Dipshit lost the developer's docs and took until Summer of 1998 to
finally return the computers. Even though he got the PoqetPC ported to
Nettamer in December, 1997.)
Hopefully this guy is still interested in Uncle Dave's code and can get
David to sell the source. I put this at the same level of possibility as
you winning the Irish Sweepstake by finding the winning ticket on the
floor of a petrol stations woman's latrine in France on one of your trips
to Paris :-)
In other words I will give Uncle Dave about another month of his irrational
behavior and then I'll post to both lists a summary scenario of all the
efforts various people have put in to support Nettamer since Summer of 1997.
If anyone wants to keep using the fucker's code after that, so be it. I am
tired of all his promises and failing to deliver.
Comments?
John O
On 2001-01-18 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>X-UIDL: '\i"!0@n"!hQE!!393"!
>This digest contains the following messages:
>1. Re: Good-bye!
>by: Dana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>2. Re: Good-bye!
>by: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>3. [EMAIL PROTECTED],
>by: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>4. Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED],
>by: Ronald C. Dailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>5. Dave Colston's Silence
>by: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>6. RE: was "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" ** SB: "what's happening to
>Nettamer?" by: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>7. The list serve group. (Forward From [EMAIL PROTECTED])
>by: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<snipped #1 through #6>
>-------------------- 7 --------------------
>Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 03:39:40 -0800
>I have not worked on the program seriously in a few months. As I
>explained to Walter, though I am not sure he believed me, I am
>still under treatment for prostate cancer. I had surgury last
>August, but the doctor has me on a form of chemo-therapy which
>basically removes the testosterone from my body. While my voice
>hasn't changed and I still have a beard, this has other side
>effects. I am basically going through menopause. I get hot flashes,
>when I exercise, I am slower to recover, I get moody, and I find it
>hard to focus. The last part is not too unusual, since I'm ADD to
>start with, but my ADD meds aren't having the same effect. At any
>rate, I've been told that things will get back to normal in June. I
>cannot promise that Net-Tamer will be the ulitmate DOS program, but
>I have not reached the end of the line on development.
>David Colston
>'Uncle Dave'
>********************************************************************
>* * You don't need a pentium to surf the net, find out why! Check
>out * * Net-Tamer at: http://www.nettamer.net/
>* * Internet In A Thimble!
>* * Check out the alt.comp.shareware.nettamer usenet group or the
>* * Net-Tamer list serve group.
>* * Subscribe or Unsubscribe: Write [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
>* * your request.
>* * New Net-Tamer support line number: (954) 341-4885
>*
>********************************************************************
>*
>"640k ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
>Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered
>********************************************************
>To unsubscribe from the Nettamer Digest,
>send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the two words:
>Unsubscribe Digest
>as the subject. You must use the exact same address under
>which you subscribed.
>********************************************************
John Oram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> using NetTamer, DOS shareware
Voice mail: 800-589-8167 Office: 916-339-2311 Pacific Time
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill.
Net-Tamer V 1.08 - Registered
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************