Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 12:46:45 +500
From: dana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: beta version.
I didn't have a problem getting newsgroups at all, it was just getting
e-mail, but this version hasn't failed yet. Guess I will keep using this
one, it works at least.
On 2001-01-28 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 15:52:00 -0500 (EST)
HI, Dana,
I have not had any probs with the latest beta version, the one
posted in November, 2000. I thought I had a small problem with it
returning error messages when going to the newsgroups to download
group messages, so I switched to the official release. Then, I
tried the beta later, and had no problems with it, also after
updating the newsgroup list and letting the program catch up with
the current article numbers. No probs with e-mail. You might try a
cold re-boot, and maybe even unzipping out the nettamer.exe, reader.
exe, and red.com files from the distribution archive and see if
that fixes the prob. Sometimes Net-Tamer seems to save something
to its executable files, which you can tell by seeing a more recent
filedate than the original. That might be doing something funky to
the way the program operates.
Brent Reynolds
Net-Tamer V 1.12.0 - Registered
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************