Date: 25 Apr 2001
From: Heimo Claasen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: NET2PM.BAT: Using DOS PMAIL with Netmail Pro.

Colston's Netmail_Pro is indeed a neat and well working fetch/send
mail prog, its ppp socket is excellent, and I recommend it to anyone
using just _one_ mailbox - because the only disadvantage I see with it
is that it needs another dial-in for each mail account; and in most
parts of the world, except only North America, each new telco connection
costs telco money.

BTW, I went another way with NM_Pro downloads: I did a little proggy
which re-assembles the splattered single-items mail files into the
"folder" type file (the stream of mail items you get from downloads
with Nettamer or Net$crape-mail). These mailbags or "folders" then can
be easily read with number of offline readers; especially mine, <bg>.

It's part of a parcel for a mail setup using Marc Ressl's Netmail
(which allows using any number of ISPs/accounts with one dial-up run)
but can be found separately, if anyone is interested, on the download
page of my www place.

// Heimo Claasen // <hammer at revobild dot net> // Brussels 2001-04-24
The WebPlace of ReRead - and much to read  ==>  http://www.revobild.net



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to