Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 00:42:31 +0700
From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Fluff Rant about manuals
X- NTReader v0.35w(P)/Beta (Registered)
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Dear list,
Was not home so I could not react on the ongoing suggestions.
I thought it was a known fact that most peripherals for
computers come with a installation CDrom and a piece of
paper telling you how to put the cdrom in the cdromreader
and type in install or wait until windows discovers the
cdrom and does all the work for you ;-(.
That was a fact with me. On the disk you will find if you
are lucky a win 3.xx win9x nt compartment and a very short
readme file. With my zip drive the win 3.xx had also the
dos drivers and an instruction for the use of them but
trying to use the program for formating with a good
instruction let me discover that they forgot it on the cd I
bought with my Zip in USA and the Dos part was omitted on
the disk for asian users. Sorry for the rant. Going google
I found some article from Heimo about the tools to be used
before I discovered a Iomega sight with a DOS department
(UK). It was all in an exe which had to be unzipped ???
After using unzip on the exe after renaming it it would
decompress. And then wanted to let me leave windows ??
It works now but it shows what to expect from international
producers. Beware for the Asian departments. They are
worse.
--
NTReader v0.35w(P)/Beta (Registered) in conjunction with Net-Tamer.
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************