Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 23:39:23 -0500
From: "Samuel W. Heywood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: HTML to Text Programs

On Sat, 22 Sep 2001 22:10:05 -0500, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 23:03:39 -0600
> From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: HTML to Text Programs

> Hi,
> A year or two ago Walter Scott told us of a web site address where a
> program could be downloaded for converting html files to text files.  I
> think this program is somewhere in Geocities but have not yet found it.  The
> first name of the author of that program is Bruce if that's of help.  Can
> someone tell me the address of where this can be found?
>                       Gary

> Net-Tamer V 1.11.2 - Test Drive

>From the Nettamer website you can download for free a program
by Uncle Dave named H2T.EXE

-------- begin H2T.DOC --------------

At a dos command prompt type:
h2t infile.ext
i.e. h2t yahoo.htm
The program will output a file with the extention *.txt
The above example would yeild a text file: yahoo.txt
I hearby gift this program to anyone for non-commercial
use. I do retain the copyright. I know it's not perfect
and do not expect an update anytime soon<G>.

David Colston
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

------ end H2T.DOC -------------------

I frequently use this program and I am very satisfied with it,
although it isn't perfect.

All the best,

Sam Heywood



Reply via email to