Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 21:22:32 +0700
From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: More on Nettamer not connecting to Mindspring


I like the solution brought by Ronald. I think we should
first try out all possibilities before complaining.
My ISP must have had also a slight change in its protocols
because after years of happy Nettamer use I could not
contact them. My solution was to try out earlier versions
of Nettamer and with version 1.09 I was successful.
Some six weeks the version 1.12 was able to work again. No
idea what however caused the interruption of normal use.
Just yesterday my outgoing emails are not processed. After
a short look at the SMTP it just ends the communication.
This time version 1.09 has the same problem so I am looking
further;-).

 ND>On 2001-09-28 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:


 ND>I don't have Mindspring, so don't know whether what I offer
 ND>will help,
 ND>but I was experiencing some problems connecting to my ISP a
 ND>while back.
 ND>The standard SERVICE1.LOG has Net-Tamer _delay_ briefly and
 ND>then go
 ND>straight to PPP:

 ND>DELAY 10
 ND>PPP

 <snip>

 ND>While this is unlikely to be the same issue as you have with
 ND>Mindspring,
 ND>it won't take you long to test it out.  Just save your
 ND>current
 ND>SERVICE1.LOG file under another name and then edit the file
 ND>to use the
 ND>format I have been using and see what happens.  The worst
 ND>that can
 ND>happen is that it doesn't work.

 ND>>Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 09:49:30 -0700
 ND>>Several days ago I wrote about a problem I had with
 ND>Nettamer
<snip>
 ND>>whatever reason the Louisville POP was using Internet Group
 ND>>Management Protocol which he says is not the RFC standard.

 ND>Ronald Dailey



--

" Go ahead and steal my tagline it flatters me."

NTReader v0.35w(P)/Beta (Registered) in conjunction with Net-Tamer.

l



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to