Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 14:22:33 From: "Carl P. Nelson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: Problem with upgrading equipment
Gentlemen, I've been reading this list, bulleting board, or whatever the correct designation is, for many months and have both learned a lot and become more and more mystified. I'm hardly a newbie, since I cut my computer teeth on an IBM 306-30 back in 1969, but telecommunications forever frustrate me. A very knowledgeable friend and associate found Pegasus for DOS for me and helped me get it running, and except for some unexplained error messages that crop up from time to time, I've been very pleased with it. However, I ran into a problem when I upgraded my rig, and have had to go back to the old one to send this message. Rather than garble things even more, I append my friend's message to me, which is self-explanatory. Any help I can get will be appreciated. Here's what he said: Subject: DOSPPPD and Pegasus Carl: You might want to ask the DOS Internet email lists the following: Let them know that you have been using DOSPPPD and Pegasus on your old machine. Now that you have a new machine with the Archtek SmartLink 5634PCV (56K PCI controller based) modem, do they have any suggestions on a DOSPPPD replacement. Let them know that the modem connects fine in MS-DOS using Procommm, but DOSPPPD will not establish a PPP connection. Also, include the following links and verify the version numbers. DOSPPPD 0.6 Toni Lopez http://personal.redestb.es/tonilop Pegasus Mail for DOS v3.22 http://www.pmail.com/overviews/ovw_pmail.htm Archtek SmartLink 5634PCV http://www.archtek.com/pcv.html -Mike * * * * * * By the way, what IS nettamer? A program, a protocol, an organization? I never could figure it out from the messages I read. Thanks again for any assistance you can provide. Carl P. Nelson ( W4CVA, ex-W2JPY, appended in case any of you are "hams". ) ******************************************************** To unsubscribe from this list, send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word Unsubscribe as the subject. You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed! ********************************************************
