After finding the details "on the Internet", I order books at the local bookstore by giving them the printout of the AMZN book page.

It's a feel-good message for the cost of one printed page.

Amazon works very nicely for me, however: they provide a nice catalog
that I can search and then contact my local bookstore / pet store /
whatever with the proper product specifications. I have been talking to
some friends about this: get out of the You Need This Now (TM) mentality
and use Amazon as a global catalog for your local purchases; make sure
some of your buck ends up on the local coffee shop, or it may close.

#  archive: http://www.nettime.org contact: nett...@kein.org