> I feel lucky to have enjoyed the broad audiences of the blog era. And equally
> lucky not to have gone down the desperately self-seeking Facebook route.

Thanks Brian,
I made the mistake of going down the Facebook route, and came to terms with its
problems only very recently.  Derakshan’s essay was one of the provocations
that made me leave social media.  Here is my blog post on the decision:
https://medium.com/@premckar/a-farewell-to-social-media-33db26074498
<https://medium.com/@premckar/a-farewell-to-social-media-33db26074498>

Warm regards,
Prem