The State Film Agency of Ukraine issued an order to reorganize the Dovzhenko
Center. This order, de …
        [
https://email.e-flux-systems.com/campaigns/mj800w1c4a47d/track-url/wj891ly4pebae/c2e2db93fcfad1b94f31c7556a046f1fa2649479

                                                 ]      [
mailto:?subject=%20Dovzhenko%20Center%20is%20under%20threat%20of%20liquidation%20&body=I%20want%20to%20share%20this%20post%20on%20e-flux%3A%20https%3A%2F%2Fwww.e-flux.com%2Fannouncements%2F483955%2F%20%0A%0A%0A
 ] [
https://email.e-flux-systems.com/campaigns/mj800w1c4a47d/track-url/wj891ly4pebae/b403f75d28474d5d8d0786e7610efe32e44787cf
 ] [
https://email.e-flux-systems.com/campaigns/mj800w1c4a47d/track-url/wj891ly4pebae/0267dba660f90c06b91033ac52d2857cacc48460
 ]

Dovzhenko Center is under threat of liquidation

e-flux Notes    [
https://email.e-flux-systems.com/campaigns/mj800w1c4a47d/track-url/wj891ly4pebae/54403cbf4bfe3dd221412bd792729b2187a067ea
 ]

        Nina Stepanova at Dovzhenko Center Film Archive.
Dovzhenko Center is under threat of liquidation
Statement from the Dovzhenko Center

[
https://email.e-flux-systems.com/campaigns/mj800w1c4a47d/track-url/wj891ly4pebae/54403cbf4bfe3dd221412bd792729b2187a067ea
 | e-flux.com ]
[ https://mail2.rcn.com/ ]

The State Film Agency of Ukraine issued an order to reorganize the Dovzhenko
Center. This order, de facto, entails the liquidation of the National Film
Archive, which since 1994 has been consistently engaged in the preservation,
research, and popularization of Ukrainian cinema. According to the order, all
films from the collection and property of the Dovzhenko Center must be
transferred to the State Institution Scientific Center of Cinematography of
Ukraine, whose main activity, according to the Ukrainian state registry legal
entity identifier, is higher education.

The State Enterprise Ukrainian Animation Studio will be separated from the
structure of the Dovzhenko Center. Copyrights for Ukrainian animation films,
currently owned by the Center, will be transferred to the newly created
enterprise. Employees of the Dovzhenko Center will be notified of possible
dismissal.

Thus, the State Film Agency delegates responsibility for the unique
cinematographic heritage of Ukraine to a de facto “sleeping” institution that
has not carried out any activity since its foundation in 2011 during
Yanukovych’s time, and has no appropriate staff, relevant competencies,
website, etc.

The reorganization document did not mention the Dovzhenko Center’s paper
archive and museum collections, which are part of the state archive and museum
funds of Ukraine, respectively, and are subject to separate legislation.

The State Film Agency decided to divide the integral collection of the
Dovzhenko Center, which dates back to the 1960s, between different structures,
without taking into account the proposals of the Dovzhenko Center regarding
further activities and without a strategic plan for its development, as
required by the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 91 of
26.01.2022.

Neither in the preamble of the order, nor in their public communication, does
the State Film Agency explain this decision.

Read the full statement [
https://email.e-flux-systems.com/campaigns/mj800w1c4a47d/track-url/wj891ly4pebae/9499e4407bfcbf4456939d9066c6cebef2c91db1
 | here ] .

[
https://email.e-flux-systems.com/campaigns/mj800w1c4a47d/track-url/wj891ly4pebae/0bc82eb3347dab5d41ddf2fa25eb57d8638370d6

                                                     ]

[
https://email.e-flux-systems.com/campaigns/mj800w1c4a47d/track-url/wj891ly4pebae/cf78d09a188efe8ea63a6910979ad7447747f466

[
https://email.e-flux-systems.com/campaigns/mj800w1c4a47d/track-url/wj891ly4pebae/0756bf313d9b1383d2f4cf11364d7bd58809b9dc
[
https://email.e-flux-systems.com/campaigns/mj800w1c4a47d/track-url/wj891ly4pebae/5fa15a45d8dcab02120ab5c9986e658dd2f60a04
[
https://email.e-flux-systems.com/campaigns/mj800w1c4a47d/track-url/wj891ly4pebae/16ddaa1649796439fce710af10221f3c3630fcfe

[
https://email.e-flux-systems.com/campaigns/mj800w1c4a47d/track-url/wj891ly4pebae/fd8d81d40a4cfac41d6b71ea16c81cf82f20d806
 | e-flux App ]

172 Classon Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11205
USA     This announcement was sent to druck...@interport.net. You have received
it because you have successfully subscribed to e-flux. You can revoke your
consent and unsubscribe from this email distribution list by clicking [
https://email.e-flux-systems.com/campaigns/mj800w1c4a47d/track-url/wj891ly4pebae/08484b2b4b617ad1df2d51ae610e78d74dd24f78
https://email.e-flux-systems.com/campaigns/mj800w1c4a47d/track-url/wj891ly4pebae/06479c0594f4e484720048067f1c927eb483035e
 | privacy policy ] . If you have any questions regarding data protection,
please contact [
https://email.e-flux-systems.com/campaigns/mj800w1c4a47d/track-url/wj891ly4pebae/251aaf445bbf9827ed21a96fc081638581ffedad

#  archive: http://www.nettime.org contact: nett...@kein.org