Dmitry Baryshkov <[email protected]> writes:

>> So the caller must compute bsize (in the same way, from ecc_bit_size),
>> to be able to call this function correctly. That makes the out_length
>> argument a bit redundant.
>
> I preferred to be on a safe side here, but if you wish, I can change it.
> VKO is used only with Streebog (or legacy gosthash94cp) hash functions.

Please document the output size, and the valid range for ukm_length, and
delete the out_length argument.

>> Not quite sure what to do. If it is essential to get away from access to
>> internal symbols, I could merge as is.
>
> Let's beat it into agreeable shape if possible, so that we won't have
> to change it right after the release.

I think it's good enough with above changes. I can see two approaches to
improve the interface: either add hashing (that could be a new function
gost_vko_hash or so), or add primitives to make the function not needed.
And neither way requires any changes to this gost_vko function.

Regards,
/Niels

-- 
Niels Möller. PGP-encrypted email is preferred. Keyid 368C6677.
Internet email is subject to wholesale government surveillance.
_______________________________________________
nettle-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.lysator.liu.se/mailman/listinfo/nettle-bugs

Reply via email to