I was recently looking at the project ParSeq by Linkedin which is an Async
framework (not necessarily exactly similar to Netty but some similar
concepts) -- and I noticed it has a great ability to perform tracing of the
system https://github.com/linkedin/parseq/wiki/Tracing

The framework allows tracing tasks (i.e. PromiseTasks) as they flow through
the system:

1 - Providing parent/child relationships to tasks
2 - Propagating stacks across tasks so that you can view how the tasks
originated

I was wondering if anyone investigated these concepts in Netty --
specifically in the EventExecutor