Hi,

I'm looking at HTTP chunked decoding bug reported by the community in Vert.x

One bug concerns an invalid chunk size with a missing new line after the chunk
size

so instead of

"4\r\n not\r\n"

the chunk is

"4 not\r\n"

which is accepted by Netty decoder because of the whitespace after the digit.

I've checked the HttpObjectDecoder and the reason why it accepts it is that the
whitespace seems considered as equals as ";" for encoding extensions.

the HTTP 1.1 spec for chunked mentions that extensions begins with ";"

any explanation for this to be valid ?

Julien