Hi Malintha,

I have not build NM, but I do build NM-applet.   I build it locally by
using the "prefix" in the ./configure to point to my local area.  Then
when I want to use it I kill the native nm-applet and run mine instead.
The following is my configure line:

$ ./configure
--prefix=/home/david/Downloads/network-manager-applet-0.9.1.90
--with-gtkver=3 --build=i686-linux-gnu --enable-indicator

When you download it, try "./configure --help" to see your options.

david