On 18.12.2013 00:26, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-12-17 at 23:50 +0100, poma wrote:
>> HUWAEI E1750 NDISDUP
>
> Is the difference between the two modes just the usb_modeswitch
> commands?  I see they have different USB IDs between first and second
> runs.

USB Modeswitch has nothing to do with it, besides it doesn't work. ;)
Actually the device switches mode by itself. ;) 'pid 140c' is inherited
through a warm state(reboot) from proprietary OS. However if the device
is replugged(cold state) within the Linux kernel, it switches to the
'pid 1436' mode.
And vice versa.

> In any case, if ModemManager can handle the device, we would expect
> NetworkManager to handle it as well.  In general, we'd prefer to handle
> the device with QMI and the QMI network commands instead of NDISDUP,
> unless the device doesn't implement the QMI stack very well.
>
> In both cases, however, ModemManager should be doing the right thing
> wtih either QMI or NDISDUP, then advertise that the IP configuration
> method should be "DHCP", and NetworkManager will perform DHCP on the
> interface and set up the IP configuration.

Super duper!
Thanks for your response.

poma