On Mon, 2015-01-12 at 10:12 -0500, Jeremy Moles wrote:
> On 01/09/2015 02:24 PM, Dan Williams wrote:

> >> I should also mention I JUST found this thread:
> >>
> >> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/modemmanager-devel/2014-June/001301.html
> >>
> >> Which explains exactly what I was seeing when talking about my #1
> >> attempt (the config option in sysfs; again, it's miraculously I found
> >> that at all).
> >>
> >> I can't piece together everything the thread is talking about, but it
> >> may job someone's memory. I can also try e-mailing the author of that
> >> thread directly.
> > When it's cold-booted under Linux, can you grab 'lsusb -v -d 1199:901F'?
> > Also grab 'dmesg' output to see what driver messages there are.  Next,
> > if you have mbimcli installed, run 'sudo mmcli --firmware-list -m 0' and
> > lets see what we have.
> >
> > Next warm-boot from Windows to Linux and run 'sudo mmcli --firmware-list
> > -m 0' in case the previous one didn't work.
> >
> > Dan
> >

> Thank you for your reponse, Dan. I've attached the information you asked
> for to this e-mail, formatted in a way it can be easily diff'd/vimdiff'd
> at your leisure.
>
> You'll notice how the 'power-state' differs depending on the boot type.
> Also, the --firmware-list command failed to run, saying:
>
>      error: modem has no firmware capabilities

Yeah, I see now that the  modem is using QMI instead of MBIM.  So
instead, try these twice, once under Linux and once after rebooting from
Windows:

qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --dms-list-stored-images
qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --dms-get-operating-mode
qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --dms-get-revision

THe other possibility is that the machine's rfkill handling isn't known
to Linux, but since Windows knows, when you warm-boot to Linux the WWAN
rfkill is disabled.  What model laptop is this?  (if it's a laptop)

Dan