On Fri, 2016-01-22 at 21:52 +0300, Mikhail Efremov wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Jan 2016 21:51:08 +0300 Mikhail Efremov wrote:
> > If device plugin is missing (e.g. not installed) then no use
> > to show a connection of this type in the list of connections:
> > it can't be used anyway.
> > ---
> >  src/connection-editor/connection-helpers.c | 43
> > ++++++++++++++++++++++--------
> >  1 file changed, 32 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)
>
> Well, I'm not sure that this patch can be applied in current state.
> May be there should be some macros for path to plugins directory and
> for plugins names.
> Consider this patch as proof-of-concept.

The editor can also be used to create connections that could then be
deployed to other machines which might have the missing plugin.  eg, an
administrator may wish to create a Bluetooth or WWAN  or ADSL
connection for deployment to clients that have those plugins installed.
 At a minimum there should be some way to enable editing all
connections (which the editor certainly is capable of, even if the
plugins aren't installed) to preserve this functionality.

Dan