Dan Williams <d...@redhat.com> on Mon, 2016/02/08 10:21:
> On Mon, 2016-02-08 at 12:09 +0100, Christian Hesse wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > when networkmanager connects to a WPA/WPA2-Enterprise secured notwork
> > it can
> > check the validity of the server certificate against a CA
> > certificate.
> >
> > Connecting to the authentication server does not include a domain
> > name,
> > though. So by default there is no way to check the certificate CN
> > value. This
> > results in a potential security issue: If anybody has a certificate
> > with
> > *any* CN issued by the same CA networkmanager will accept it as
> > valid.
> > An attacker can set up access points with same SSID and forged
> > authentication
> > server to phish user credentials and redirect network traffic.
> >
> > Since version 2.1 wpa_supplicant supports configuration option
> > 'domain_suffix_match' to manually specify a domain (suffix) to match
> > the
> > server certificate against. 'domain_match' was added later on.
> >
> > I would like to see a configuration option within networkmanager for
> > this
> > setting. Any chance to add that?
>
> Yes, it's come up recently on bugzilla.gnome.org too and it should
> likely get added

Ah, nice. Do you have a link for the bug? I did not find it...
And is anybody working on this?

> alongside the existing subject matching support.

Ah, missed that.
But is there a way to change this in GUI?
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Chris           get my mail address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)