On Sun, 2016-03-13 at 18:23 +0100, c.lobr...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm sorry, I think I explained myself wrong.
>
> CFUN=4 is ok for radio off, I wanted to say that some plugins might
> not
> use CFUN=4 for "power low".
> In Telit modem, as example, I might use CFUN=5 "mobile full
> functionality with power saving enabled" and CFUN=4 for power off,
> but
> doing so "nmcli radio off" won't shut down the radio (without
> rfkill).

I'm not entirely sure what you mean with "power off" and "shut down the
radio", but here are the definitions I'm using:

power off: the entire modem is powered off not just the radio.  The
device does not communicate with the host because it is unpowered.

radio off: the radio is powered down and no network communication is
possible, but the modem can still communicate with the host.

The ModemManager API specification would not allow CFUN=5 for the
"disabled" state, since it defines the disabled state as not allowing
network communication.  So I would still use CFUN=4 for "disabled"
state.  But couldn't the modem instead be set to CFUN=5 whenever it is
enabled?  The Telit docs seem to say it's a fully functional state,
just that the modem can do some power saving.  Which sounds like a win
without a downside.

Dan