There are new cellular modem related features in network-manager. They are all no-change back-ports. As I mentioned in my email, I backported these for my own use, and just wanted to share in case anyone else wanted them or wanted to sponsor them in jessie-backports.

source: https://github.com/abferm/

amd64 binaries: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwEEk-En0DxNN0x2Y2tvN3RFRnc?usp=sharing

Alex Ferm
PetroPower, LLC.
3003 E. 37th Street N.
Suite 100
Wichita, KS 67219

Phone: (316) 361-0222
Toll Free: (877) 265-6581
Fax: (316) 361-0967
On 09/27/2016 07:06 AM, Gianfranco Costamagna wrote:
Hi,

    I have produced backports of the packages listed below from debian stretch to
debian jessie for my personal use. My changes are hosted on github. Built packages
>are hosted on Google Drive. The newer versions of modemmanager and
network-manager have some features I couldn't resist, and the backport was really
straight >forward. I just thought I'd share, so others could benefit.

Backported packages:
    * modemmanager 1.6.0-1
    * network-manager 1.2.4
    * libqmi 1.16.0-1
    * libmbim 1.14.0-1
    * audit (libaudit) 1:2.6.6-1
    * ppp 2.4.7-1+3

I don't see any particular reason to backport them, are them all no-change
backports?
did you ask the maintainers to backport them? with Buster going to be released
soon, I don't
see any good reason to maintain such packages, at least I would ask the
maintainers to backport
them if needed.

G.