I’m on Ubuntu 16.04.1.

I’m using QDBus to interact with NetworkManager.

At the time I do all of the following, there’s no existing
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Settings/?? For the Hotspot.

When I call AddAndActivateConnection, I get the error: “A 'wireless' setting is
required if no AP path was given.”

But when I use the nm-applet and click on “Use as a Hotspot”, it works fine.

I’ve used dbus-monitor –system ‘interface=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager’ to
capture the method call with my app, and with nm-applet.

Except for the order of the dict entries, everything is the same in both the
failing and succeeding method call.

Might there be some things not shown by dbus-monitor?

I’m also trying to run NetworkManager with the debugger (with no luck so far)…

Any pointer more than welcome!

Consultant software

D-BOX Technologies Inc. | A. 2172 de la Province, Longueuil, QC J4G 1R7 CANADA
| T. 450-442-3003 | W. d-box.com<http://www.d-box.com>

AVIS : Ce courriel contient des renseignements confidentiels. Si vous n'êtes
pas le véritable destinataire, la diffusion ou l'usage de ce courriel, des
renseignements qu'il contient ou des documents qui lui sont joints pourrait
être illégal. Il est donc strictement interdit de les diffuser ou de les
utiliser. Si vous avez reçu ce courriel par erreur, nous vous saurions gré d’en
aviser l'expéditeur immédiatement et de le supprimer sans le lire, l'imprimer,
le sauvegarder ou le diffuser. Nous vous remercions de votre aimable

NOTICE: This e-mail contains confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure or other use of this e-mail or the
information contained herein or attached hereto may be unlawful and is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete this e-mail without reading, printing, copying or
forwarding it to anyone. Thank you for your kind cooperation.
networkmanager-list mailing list