Good day, ladies and gentlemen!
It has been a while, but recently I have finally found time to work on
the VPN Plugin for Wireguard for my Bachelor's thesis.
The project is based on the OpenVPN plugin (which means it's more or
less pure C) and can now be found on github:
At this point, I'd like to thank Manuel Schölling and Thomas Haller for
indirectly providing me with hints regarding the completion of
connection set-up (SetConfig(), anyone?) through their mail exchange!
Of course, there is still a ton of issues open, of which only a few are:
* it currently uses wg-quick with temporary files to set up the
connection instead of directly implementing its logic
* the Editor UI does not make use of the IPv4 and IPv6 tabs*
configuration items are stored as details, not secrets
* after setting up the connection, one could implement a ping to a known
host and tear down the connection again if that fails?
* no translation
The basic workflow however is functional:
* creating a new Connection via nm-connection-editor (and of course
* import and export of wg-quick formatted conf files
* setting up a live connection from what was stored (a basic
wireguard-demo connection was tried)
Also, I have added a bit of documentation about the rough workings of
the plugin (see README.md on the project page).
So, I guess that's that. In case anyone is interested, feel free to
check it out and maybe even help improve it!
networkmanager-list mailing list