On Wed, 2018-02-21 at 12:03 -0500, David H. Durgee wrote:
> Thomas Haller wrote:
>
> I will consider debug logging after you have a chance to inspect the
> connection show and let me know if it looks sane or is missing a
> crucial
> element.

Hi,

the settings don't look wrong, but whether the settings  are correct
depends very much on your server configuratoin. Enable debug logging
and see why the connection failed.

Since NM does not support the <extra-certs> argument, you should
investigate whether that argument is required in your setup. For
example, (as you said, plain openvpn works) by running openvpn with the
ovpn without the <extra-certs> option.

best,
Thomas