On Mon, Jul 01, 2019 at 04:48:14PM +0200, Till Kamppeter via
networkmanager-list wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with network-manager 1.10.14. We have introduced this
> version as a stable release update to Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic) and fixing
> several bugs of the old 1.10.6 it introduced regressions with DNS. It seems
> to have problems with DNS priority.
>
> A regression report with appropriate logs is here:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/1829566
>
> As the problems do not occur with Network Manager in later Ubuntu versions
> (like Eoan) it seems that the problem got fixed somewhere in the upstream
> code.
>
> Can someone help me which changes of the further upstream development I
> should apply to 1.10.14 to get this fixed?

Hi,

the domain specification in the configuration reported on launchpad:

 [Resolve]
 Cache=no
 DNS=127.0.0.54
 Domains=~.local.org.com

is invalid:

 systemd-resolved[13415]: Failed to add search domain '~.local.org.com',
ignoring: Invalid argument

The correct form should be without the dot:

 Domains=~local.org.com

Can you ask to fix that configuration error and try again? Otherwise,
queries for the local.org.com domain are not routed to the local
dnsmasq instance.

Beniamino