Hello,

I followed your advice and I built the network manager from source. I have
Ubuntu 16.04 installed.

I tried to built network manager 1.20.4 version for the aforementioned
version of Ubuntu but I hit wall because that version of network manager
has build dependencies that are just missing for Ubuntu 16.04.

At the end of the day I managed to build it but I had to download all the
building dependencies from Ubuntu folcan repository because the
dependencies form Xenial repository were outdated.

After building it I installed it with the ovs-plugin included and seems to
work like a charm but I do not recommend the procedure that I followed
because in a xenial system I had to install everything from folcan
repository which was ugly.

Thanks for the help

Regards,
Dimitris