Hello again:)

I encountered two problems with an openvpn client conf having several remotes.

The first problem occurs when importing a openvpn client config having multiple
remotes
mixing udp & tcp and using the "implicit udp syntax":

 $ grep ^remote openvpn.conf
 ovpn.mydomain.com
 ovpn.mydomain.com 53
 ovpn.mydomain.com 1194 tcp

When imported in Network Manager, this translates to (in the vpn settings:
Identity →
General → Gateway) :
 ovpn.mydomain.com, ovpn.mydomain.com:53, ovpn.mydomain.com:1194:tcp

When I try to enable the vpn connection, it goes back to being disabled
immediately. Here
is the error message I can see in the journal:
 Options error: --explicit-exit-notify can only be used with --proto udp

Now, if I change the gateway vpn setting to:
 ovpn.mydomain.com:1194:udp, ovpn.mydomain.com:53:udp,
ovpn.mydomain.com:1194:tcp

Then, I can enable the vpn and it looks like it's working...

**BUT**

When I look closer, the fallback/try on the other remotes does not seem to
work: on the
journal, I can see the tries on the first remote (IPv6, then IPv4), then I see
this log
entry:

 Jun 14 19:44:31 nsfw nm-openvpn-serv[333567]: Connect timer expired,
disconnecting.

This "fallback mechanism" works fine when invoking openvpn directly. Is there
something
else to do to have it working with Network Manager?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

samuel

PS: I'm using: