I have Alpine Linux with the OpenVPN plugin. This works very well importing and
automatically installing my .ovpn file. I like the settings menus and this
makes the setup very easy. I haven't found a VPN killswitch or always on
(persistent) connection feature anywhere. I also have nftables on my system. I
read that nftables is the new standard for Linux. I have done a killswitch and
always on feature using mods to a file (using "nano") and with "ufw" (firewall)
on an Ubuntu system before nftables became the standard.

I am comfortable with working in the terminal and making mods to files. I don't
know anything about nftables. Is there a way to get the features onto my
system? Thanks for any advice.