OK.
In the eternal quest of transitioning to python3 ;), dipy is one of the few things that stops me and other colleagues. We stick with what Neurodebian offers, in order to have a uniform and coherent envoronment. So yes, having python3-dipy would be nice. If I can be of help, I might find some time to dedicate. But consider that I am not familiar with preparing deb packages.

Best,

Emanuele