On Thursday 07 November 2002 12:52 pm, you wrote:
> Hi
>
> can anybody advise a nice software to extract audio from avi (divx) files.
>
> thanks
> Kristjan

Mencoder, part of Mplayer will do a single pass to extract audio only. I
believe the command line syntax is:

mencoder -dvd 1 -aid 128 -oac mp3lame -lameopts br=96:cbr:vol=6 -ovc frameno
-o frameno.avi

I think you can pick whether to use MP3 or OGG as your audio format,
(probably have to check the docs on that one).

HTHs! :-)

--
                                                                          /\
                                                                  Dark< >Lord