On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 04:15, Jordan Thompson wrote:
> I want to send mail through my email Mandrake server.  It is working fine
> getting mail from my provider and I can get it from my server, but I must
> always go through my provider to send.
>
> I have a notebook and would like to be able to send from anywhere I am at,
> so I would like to be able to access this service from outside my house.  I
> am up 24/7 on a cable modem, so I will need to prevent anyone else from
> using my server as a spam source.
>
> Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
>
> thanks,
> Jordan

Easiest and fastest way to set it up is to setup SENDMAIL and POSTFIX -
the SENDMAIL part is easiest, though...

--
Tue Dec  3 07:10:00 EST 2002
   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students
that have had prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are
mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.
                -- Edsger W. Dijkstra, SIGPLAN Notices, Volume 17, Number 5