I have two problems with the taskbar in KDE 3.1.

1) some applications open with the titlebar under the taskbar when
the taskbar is at the top of the screen

This also is a bug in XP, at least on my machine.  I keep my taskbar
at the top of the screen, a la Mac style.  For me, the extension of
the fingers to move the cursor up is a much easier movement on the
hand and wrist than the contraction to go down-left.  What has
become the "normal" "start button" location is about the
ergonomically worst possible position for me.  But there ya go, and
some apps open with titlebars under the taskbar.  I doubt this
happens with the taskbar at the bottom -- it doesn't in Windows
either.

2) the identifying text on taskbar buttons fades out on the right
side of the button

Can't believe this is by design, but it must be.  Doesn't matter the
app, the text is fine for the left-most 85 percent or so of the
button, then fades fast.  Ugly as sin IMHO.  Where the title of the
application is short (does not fill the button), there is no
problem.  But if the title extends to the right side of the button,
the text fades out.

Lance