On Thursday 09 December 2004 17:19, Rick Kunath wrote:
> Dan Gordon wrote:
> > I am using the live "value"  as it was called from about 6 or 7
> > years ago without any problems.
>
> I have that same card in another machine and it's based on the emu10k
> chipset. It works great.
>
> > As far as i know the live cards should work
> > without problems under 10.1  Aside from the occasional volume level
> > problem which is easy solved this card has always worked for me.
>
> I am hearing that the 24-bit Live! card uses another chipset and not
> the emu10k driver.
>
> I am wondering about support for the 24-bit card.

Found this:

<quote>-------------------------------------------------------
Re: [Alsa-user] SoundBlaster Live! 24-bit SB4010
From:
James Courtier-Dutton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:
John Bailo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Date:
12/04/04 20:20

John Bailo wrote:
> It looks like there are new sound blaster drivers ready for Creative
Labs --

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/index.php?vendor=vendor-Creative_Labs#matrix

> Questions:
>
> (1) My card is a Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit (SB4010) which is not
represented
> in the list.   I think someone mentioned that it does not use the
emu10k1 but
> the audiglys driver.   Is that the right driver for the SB4010 ?

See http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=audigyls for details.

are available if you are willing to compile your own kernel and
alsa-drivers.

HTH,

    -Frans