Michael Dancy wrote:
So I installed mandrake 10.1 on my HP Pavilion 7935..

AMD 1300 256mb ram.. the usual crappy hp machine.

It has onboard memory and I can’t seem to find a ‘video card’ in the selection that will work.

I keep getting an error and when I run the test to check it out.. it just blanks out.

Any ideas?

Since I blew out the proprietary info on the C drive.. and cracked it open.. I can’t tell what kind of card it is.

Even the HP site isn’t specific.

I’m not sure if this is going straight to a forum or to someone.. so any advice would be appreciated.

The HP docs here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?cc=us&docname=bph06799&lc=en

tells you it's integrated graphics, so you need to check out the
chipset, wich is VIA KL133.

If you then check out the Via site here:
http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=40&STypeID=3

you will see that it's the chipset also known as Apollo KL133

If you look here:
http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=5&ArticleID=68&P=5

you will see that the integrated graphics is named:
"KPLE integrated graphics" and the Northbridge is VT8364...

Unfortunately here the fun seems to stop as I can't really find
any proof that the xorg will support your card with any specific driver,
but you should be able to use the standard VESA driver...

--
Regards

Thomas