|
As I've mentioned before, I've been having problems with
PartitionMagic. I installed PartitionMagic, then mandrake linux 7, then decided
to delete the linux partition. No longer does my computer load lilo, or list
linux as a partition, but PartitionMagic still loads as a dos program when the
computer starts up and tells me "That linux partition could not be deleted. The
operating system partition being deleted was not found." The only option it
gives me is to click ok, which shuts down the computer and repeats the process.
I tried going to my other computer and
doing a sys a:, and also putting fdisk from my other computer onto the disk. I
then put this disk in the computer that wouldn't load windows, and it gave
me an a prompt. I tried typing fdisk /mbr, but it didn't make a difference for
the next time i booted the computer. What can I do?
Please give me a detailed enough anwser
because I've tried to solve this problem numerous
ways.
|
- Re: [newbie] HELP PLEASE - PartitionMagic error Sam Junge
- Re: [newbie] HELP PLEASE - PartitionMagic error Kevin Sexton
- Re: [newbie] HELP PLEASE - PartitionMagic error ChOPpY C. Chipper
- Re: [newbie] HELP PLEASE - PartitionMagic error Eunice Thompson
- Re: [newbie] HELP PLEASE - PartitionMagic error Sam Junge
- Re: [newbie] HELP PLEASE - PartitionMagic e... Eunice Thompson
- Re[2]: [newbie] HELP PLEASE - Partition... tymanthius
