I have a ABIT BP6 motherboard 
with 2 ATA33 controlers (unused except a DVD drive)
and 2 ATA66 controlers (each with a large disk) (these 2 extra controlers are handled 
by a hpt366 chipset)
I installed Mandrake70gpl without any problems (as far as I could see :-)) in addition 
to a win98 system. And I was very happy to be able to use Gimp.

This weekend I added a scsi card (2930cu) for a CDwriter and external disk.
Linux does not work any longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It sees my DVD drive (EIDE1) and CDwriter (SCSI) and external disk (when present) - no 
problem with the scsi card - but not the EIDE3 & 4 (where it is installed).

When trying reinstalling it, it offers to see additional SCSI cards, I tried (as on 
Win98 the hpt366 is seen as a pseudo scsi controler), it can see the chipset but in 
the list of scsi card to be selected, of course it doesn't appear!

I am stuck dead! 

All suggestion welcome, thanks in advance

Francois

Reply via email to