Having allocated disk space for the /home slice, I have about three GBs 
left on the disk on which I aim to install Mandrake.  Should I allocate a 2 
GB partition for the /root slice and a 1 GB partition for the /usr slice, or 
should I allocate a 1 GB partition for the /root slice and a 2 GB partition 
for the /usr slice?  What do you think?  How much space do the /usr and the 
/root file systems occupy by default?  I aim to install some additional 
software -- VMware, SO, and some other applications.  I assume these will 
end up in /usr, so I should probably reserve space for them.   I am grateful 
for all help.

                                              Ian

PS. The other week somebody posted a link to a page with advice on how to 
get connected to the Internet using Linux.  I stupidly clicked on "delete" 
before I realized that I could really use that kind of information.  If 
somebody could please repost that link I would be very grateful.
______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

Reply via email to