I use Ethereal, works good.
Search on Freshmeat for the program and homepage.
steve


----Original Message Follows----
From: dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] /usr/bin/expect and network monitoring
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 16:30:18 -0800


 > > I'm trying to install the Multi Router Traffic Grapher (mrtg-2.8.9-2mdk 
RPM for
 > > i586). I don't have this file and haven't a clue what it is or where to 
get it.

 > You'll find it at http://www.tuxfinder.com

flupke,

Duhoh, I did look for the file. I never thought to look for the rpm, which I
already had (on the Mandrake disk ?) :( . Oh well. Now Expect wants to 
install
tk and tcl as well, round and round I go...MRTG is not a simple program and 
I
hope there are some answers to your related post

 > Can anyone tell me where I can find BASIC informations about snmp and
 > networkmonitoring please?

cause MRTG is heavy on SNMP

Thanks to the URL's posted by you and Sam I've hopefully got a couple of 
other
alternatives more suitable for a newbie: ksniffer, pload, xnetload.
..
..well pload and xnetload are simple in/out graphs for a single interface of
your choice, not sure which I like better, neither is very impressive. The
ksniffer rpm requires an older version of a file I have, I may look at 
makeing
that one.



______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

Reply via email to