On 06-Mar-2000 Emilio Correa wrote:
> Hi, May be you should probe to install lilo in the MBR (Master Boot 
> Record) unless you didn't do it before. 
> Good luck


No, that won't help. The problem is this: due to BIOS restrictions, LiLo can
only access the kernel, if it lies on a partition within the first 1024 cyl. of
a HD. I've posted an explanation and possible solutions on this page:

http://www.mandrakeuser.org/install/iboot.html

Regards

tom


> From:                 "Bill Kinsey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To:                   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date sent:            Fri, 3 Mar 2000 16:17:39 -0500
> Send reply to:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject:              [newbie] [Newbie] lilo install problem
> 
>> I just got Mandrake from linux central and tried to install and was
>> instantly amazed at the new look. I have a problem though. I'm installing
>> mandrake on a 2 gb partition of my 27 gb hard drive. I get an error message
>> saying x cylinder is greater than 1024 when it gets to the part where lilo
>> is to be installed. I tried the boot disk option but it boots too slow. can
>> someone help me out.. TIA
>> 
>> Bill Kinsey
>> 
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Emilio Correa
> e-mail:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> www.tuayuda.com.ar 
> (Inform�tica/Listas de Correo)

-- 
"No fun, no gain"
Thomas 'tom' Berger, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (home), [EMAIL PROTECTED] (work)
http://www.mandrakeuser.org, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to