If you have ethernet network cards instead of modems, you can bring
down/up your device with the "ifup eth0" or "ifdown eth0" commands.
This is assuming you only have on network card.  For each subsequent
card you can raise the integer after "eth" by one.

- Paul Rodriguez
New York GNU/Linux Scene
http://www.NYLXS.com