Actually I may be wrong, but I think this is set up in your window
manager, not the desktop environment (i.e. sawfish, instead of gnome).
These sorts of key bindings are usually configurable and you should be
able to make your own no matter what keybindings you use.  I don't have
too much experience with KDE yet, so I'm not sure what the status of
using multiple window managers with it is.

Happy Hacking.

- Paul