On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 12:13:53 -0600, Russ wrote:

> On Saturday 30 September 2006 11:37 am, Miark wrote:
>
> > No, but you get my sympathy. I haven't been able to do the
> > same thing because, for some reason, HAL refuses to run:
> >
> >   /etc/init.d/haldaemon: line 32: [: 6690: unary operator
> >   expected[  OK  ] [FAILED]
>
> What's on line 32 of the file /etc/init.d/haldaemon ? It
> sounds like there's a typo in the start script, should be
> fairly easy to debug.

I quoted the block and marked line 32 below. Looks okay to me. (?)

start() {
    gprintf "Starting HAL daemon: "
    daemon --check $servicename $processname
    RETVAL=$?
    if [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ]; then
        PID=`/sbin/pidof $processname`
32 -->  if [ $PID ]; then
                touch /var/lock/subsys/$servicename && echo `/sbin/pidof $proce$
        else
                failure
        fi
    fi
    echo
}

Actually, now that I start the service instead of restarting
it, it seems to be running. But it's still not mounting my
external harddrive.

Miark
Want to buy your Pack or Services from Mandriva?
Go to http://store.mandriva.com
Join the Club : http://www.mandrivaclub.com