On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 12:36:01 -0800 (PST), CJ wrote:

> > No, that has to do with linefeed characters which are
> > different between Winblows and *nix systems. It you have a
> > text file in Linux, you can run "unix2dos filename.txt" and
> > it will switch the linefeed chars to Winblows. "dos2unix
> > filename.txt" does the reverse.
>
> oh ok.
> So if i was to write to my NTFS partition with *nix and it
> wrecked it, would the partition be recoverable or would i have
> to rewrite my partition?

Mmmm, not sure I follow the question. Linefeeds aside, if you
write to an NTFS partition and the partition gets borked, you
could probably use any standard Windows harddrive program to
get files back. It would be a pain in the ass, of course.

Miark
Want to buy your Pack or Services from Mandriva?
Go to http://store.mandriva.com
Join the Club : http://www.mandrivaclub.com