From: ET <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: newbie@mandrivalinux.org
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 6:12:12 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Mandriva 2007 DVD not Bootable ?

Nicholas Iskandar wrote:
Dear All,

I just finished download mandriva-free-2007-DVD.iso ( 4.5 Gb ) from mandriva official website. I burn it using Nero... but it seems that the dvd is not bootable. When I open the dvd, there are only 2 folders and 2 file text : i586 and x86_64, release notes.txt. How can I install Mandriva 2007 using this DVD since it's not bootable.
Could you please help me..

Thanks a lot,

nicholas

welcome Nicholas;

we could use a little more information,,,
it is most likely the 'usual culprits';
1st, how sure are you that it was a good download and good burn?
did you check md5sum of downloaded image?
did you check md5sum of burned image?
did you burn an image file to disk, or did you burn the files to disk from an image file? (do you understand the difference?)

--
reg. Linux User 167806
webhome http://ed-tharp.is-a-geek.org