I am having trouble getting helixplayer to work.
The helix readme mentions two things in the "known issues" section that likely
indicate the source of my problem:

* Alsa and esound drivers are not
       included in this build
* The OSS device used for playback can
       be set using the AUDIO environment
       variable.
          + eg export AUDIO=/dev/dsp2

I am currently using alsa sound.
How can I get helix to work for me?
Where does helixplayer store it's cookies and cache files?
The logical place to look would be ~/.helix, but I have no such folder in my
home directory.

I was able to get previous versions of helix to work on past Mandriva systems,
why is it not playing nice now? :-(

--Angus

PS. I tried realplayer 10 from SoS repository, and it wouldn't work either.

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around
in awareness." -- James Thurber

~Linux Laptop, Powered by Mandriva-2007~
~Reg. Linux User #278931~

Search for products and services at:
http://search.mail.com