"P.Dubas" wrote:

> I'm not sure I'm where I wanted to be.
> I have an older windows PC program that I wanted to run on my IMac G4.
> I thought Xfree.86 was the pc emulator that would do it.

i dont think you read the description of xfree86 too closely.

 I downloaded the entire package of
> XFree86 4.2.0 and I got 3 screens: A login and two xterms

others would kill for that kind of first shot success!

too bad its not what you crave.

. I searched for downloads which would
> give step by step instructions but found none. The package seemed to come with
>instructions but when
> I tried to open it, the computer couldn't find the proper application.
> Is there someone who could and would help me? Thanx

my suggestion is ask apple support for an emulation pkg for
windoz xx for your max os level and take it from there.

hth, jackc...