Hi Everyone!

First of all I want to congratulate everyone who made this
marvelous program especially Frédéric Giudicelli. It really
helps understanding the PKI system.
Keep up the good work!

I installed the program today and have some questions
regarding to it:
# I wanted to use the NT version of the NewPKI server on a
Windows XP machine, but I couldn't make it work. The
installation process went fine, but when I started the
server it didn’t create any log files, although I modified
the logging path to C:\Program Files\NewPKI\Server\Log.txt.
Then I installed the 9x version and that worked.
There could be some misprogramming in the NT version.

# I could set up the environment and create the certificates
in no time, thanks to the great documentation, but I
couldn't use it with Outlook. The problem is that it only
recognizes the certificate as a Signature certificate and
can't find the Encryption certificate in it. How can I make
an Encryption certificate as well?
As far as I know the Signature certificate uses the SHA1 and
MD5 algorithms and the Encryption certificate uses DES,
3DES. I don't know if these are built into the system...

# Approximately when will the next version (for the client
and server) come out?

ThankYou,
Preo
_____________________________________________________________________
NewPKI                                          http://www.newpki.org
User Support Mailing List                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Automated List Manager                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to